I’m a sucker for a chance to talk about myself some more (obviously), so I was stoked when one of my childhood friends and FABULOUS blogger and mom of adorable twins Mandy Stribling included me in this little blog meme.
Here’s the deal:
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself & 11 random facts about you.
3. answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. create 11 new questions & tag new people to answer them.
5. go to their blog/twitter & let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here we go!
1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure food?
Mexican food. I am shameless when presented with unlimited chips and salsa and a menu full of items covered in cheese sauce. Throw in a margarita and I’m in heaven.
2. What is your biggest (or just one) regret in life?
Ouch, a tough one. My biggest regret is not aiming higher when it came to college. I got a full ride to ETSU, but always wanted to go to school in North Carolina. I couldn’t deny the benefits of free college, but it was a bad fit. I felt like I didn’t belong, that I wasn’t challenged enough and that I didn’t push myself hard enough. I wish I could do it all over again.
3. What is your favorite hobby?
4. What is your most favorite piece of clothing and why?
Hmm. Good one. I have this old pair of ripped up jeans. COOL ripped up jeans, if those still exist. They are the perfect worn wash, ripped in all the right places, and at a smaller size, fit me like a glove. I have had them since college, and they just seem so cool to me. I can’t fit into them right now, and even if a I could, a 34-year-old mom of 2 really has no business wearing them, but I have them in my closet any way. Just in case.
5. What game show would you most love to be on and why?
Jeopardy, of course. One, because I’ve been selected to audition three times and actually got to last summer. Two, because Paul went on the show last year and one big time, so I want to one-up him. As if that’s possible.
6. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
In the U.S., NYC. I have a totally romantic idea of what life would be like if I lived there. If I was never married and with no kids, I’d be trying to get there. In the world, it’s a toss up between London or Sydney.
7. Name one thing you would want to change in your life right now. (that you haven’t already blogged about)
This is a tough one. I have blogged about most of my major issues. So the one thing I’d love to change at this exact moment is that I’d really love it if my body would get the message that we aren’t nursing ANY MORE so please shut off the milk production. I know, tough life.
8. What is your favorite thing about each child?
My favorite thing about Declan is his enthusiasm toward life. He talks to every child he sees. He wants to say hi to everyone. He is so happy around other people and is genuinely interested in them. I love his self-confidence.
My favorite thing about Simon is his noises!! He makes the funniest sounds all the time. When he sees the cat, or any animal, he points and does this raspy growl at them. When he walks into a room with an echo (like a public bathroom), he immediately goes “AHHHH!” really loud to hear it bounce around. He goes “Ahhh” after he drinks. He smacks his lips at Declan to get him to do it back. He’s very entertaining and very smart. A lethal combo.
9. What would you love your kids/future kids to grow up to be professionally some day? ( I liked this question)
I know the “right” answer is “whatever makes them happy,” but if I HAVE to choose, I would like to see Declan doing something that embraces his outgoing personality. Maybe a teacher. I could see him doing that.
Simon is a little too early to tell much, but I am convinced that he’s mega smart and somewhat devious, so probably politics.
10. What does your family do at night for dinner? (cook, take out, etc?)
I cook most nights. One night, usually a Friday or Saturday, we will either do take out pizza or Paul and I will feed the kids and either have take-out or a more “grown up” dinner for ourselves later. I try to cook healthy and easy stuff, nothing overly fancy.
11. Name a great random memory.
Well, since Mandy sent this to me, I’ll share a memory about her! Mandy and I went to elementary through high school together, and she is one of the most talented singers I’ve ever known. She used to sing a song — help me out here, Mandy, I can’t remember — that I just loved and I would beg her to sing it for me when we were together. I remember her kinda rolling her eyes at me but doing it anyway, and me being fascinated at how easily it came to her. She would just belt it out while sitting in my floor, pitch perfect. I want to say it was Peter, Paul and Mary, but I’ve slept since then. I also remember going to a slumber party at her house and vomiting all over her living room floor. Whoops.
Here are my questions:
1. What is your least favorite chore to do around the house, and why?
2. What part of motherhood has been the most challenging, so far?
3. What was your high school experience like?
4. What’s the maddest you’ve ever been?
5. How would you spend your birthday if money was no object?
6. What’s the most annoying thing your husband does?
7. What would your husband say is the most annoying thing you do?
8. What’s your favorite movie and why?
9. If you could change anything about your wedding day, would you? And what?
10. What is something that scares you?
11. What is your favorite part of the day and why?